We are a private economic research agency that provides professional, independent and timely analysis of international and domestic events and policies. Our economists work with clients in Australia and around the world on a wide range of issues, including investment and program evaluation, trade policy, competition policy, science and innovation policy, health and human services, public finance, environmental and resource management, infrastructure development, pricing and regulatory reform. We are at the forefront of building economic models and using them to analyse economic and social issues.
We are interested in applicants that have:
- a good degree in economics or a relevant discipline, with Honours, Masters or PhD level preferred
- strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- a commitment to good economics
- the ability to communicate the results of rigorous economic analysis to non-technical audiences as well as to peers in the profession
- the capacity to work both independently and as a member of project teams
- an understanding of how to use economic analysis to assist policy makers and decision takers in government and business; and
- the desire to learn.
Positions at the CIE offer an attractive salary package and the opportunity to work with an enthusiastic, committed and experienced team. To enquire about positions, please email email@example.com and provide a copy of your CV.
Please note that you need to be able to work in Australia to apply for a position at the CIE.