Lauren is a Senior Economist with over 8 years of consulting experience with the CIE. Lauren has extensive experience in delivering robust and pertinent analysis to innovate and improve value for money outcomes, has a collaborative style to project work and excels in the delivery of persuasive client ready reports. She has worked across a wide range of public policy issues and topics, including natural resource management (water, land use, forestry, gas); sectoral policy and strategy; agriculture (horticulture, live exports, meat, sugar, forestry); transport; mining; construction; health policy; taxation policy and regulatory economics.
She is highly experienced in ex ante and ex post evaluation, including benefit cost analysis, cost effectiveness analysis and business case or strategy development.
Some highlights from Lauren’s recent project experience includes:
- leading the peer review of the Detailed Business Case of the Townsville Eastern Access Rail Corridor for Building Queensland, and series of other economic evaluations in the Mount Isa region
- designing and then estimating the economic impact of a potential regional innovation fund for the NSW forestry industry
- facilitation of senior management in the identification of options for the management of a major forestry resource in New South Wales
- as the lead analyst and co-author of Australia’s review of spectrum on maximising market involvement in spectrum, prepared for the Department of Communications
- a statutory review following the implementation of legislative changes to workers’ compensation in NSW, prepared for the NSW Office of Finance and Services
- a detailed regional profile of NSW mining sector for the NSW Minerals Taskforce
- an assessment of the public policy options and strategies to renew investment in long rotation plantations, for Forest and Wood Products Australia
- developing a strategy to underpin the Australian Government’s National Food Plan
- a review of the value-for-money proposition of the RFDS primary health care services to rural and remote Australia
- advising the ACT Government on several budgets with regard to their impact, risks, robustness, and specific lines of enquiry.
Lauren can be contacted in the CIE’s new Brisbane office.