Lauren has six years of experience in providing economic analysis and policy advice for private and public sector clients. She joined the CIE in 2009 and has worked across a broad range of issues and sectors including forestry, health, mining, horticulture, water, gas, livestock, construction, taxation, transport, and research and development.
Her recent high-profile work includes:
Other than her industry-specific knowledge, Lauren’s transferable skills include:
- benefit-cost analysis, including non-traditional analysis of non-market values
- evaluation of public policy, including Regulation Impact Statements, through ex-ante and ex-post analysis
- industry evaluations and strategy
- quantitative techniques including forecasting, financial and economic modelling
- written and verbal communication of ideas and findings.
Lauren holds a dual degree, Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Arts with majors in International Relations and Spanish, from the University of Queensland. Prior to joining the CIE, Lauren undertook a graduate program at the Federal Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism.
Lauren can be contacted at our Canberra office.