Joseph is an economist with 9 years’ experience in economic and financial analysis and policy advice across numerous industries including: transport, water, energy, health and taxation.
Joseph’s areas of expertise are:
- Developing analytical frameworks and models to evaluate policies and programs (including cost‑benefit analysis) — for example developed cost-benefit model to assess the economic merits of new e‑health initiatives
- Statistical analysis and demand forecasting — for example forecasting agricultural water demand
- Regulatory economics — for example experience project managing all aspects of regulatory reviews to IPART and the ACCC
- Policy analysis — for example research and proposed changes to the National Water Initiative, Water Act 2007 and supporting legislation
- Legislative development — for example advising portfolio government ministers, drafting proposed legislative amendments and explanatory memoranda
Recent work includes multiple business case evaluations and research projects for Infrastructure Australia, research and economic modelling (such as cost-benefit analysis) for IPART, NSW EPA and the CSIRO.
Joseph holds a Master of Economics / Econometrics from the University of Sydney and a Bachelor of Commerce (Economics) (Distinction) from the University of Wollongong.
Joseph can be contacted in the Sydney office.